Interested in shopping the accessible Incline Village luxury acqualina residences for sale? If so, don’t forget to take the opportunity to find out more about the rich history that the Lake Tahoe area has to offer as you explore the region and view the many beautiful homes Incline Village provides. In the end, when you buy a house in the Lake Tahoe area, you are buying more than just a home – you’re also buying into the area, the gorgeous environment, and the rich background that comes with it. Not to mention all of the fun outdoor activities that you may create a part of your life (for greater physical health and personal satisfaction).
As you hunt for Lake Tahoe Incline Village houses, you will find a lot of buildings of historic significance found in the region. Dating back to the 1800’s, you’ll find a wealth of history waiting for you.
Some of the historic opportunities include…
- Thunderbird Lodge: Located on the East Shore, the Tudor Revival-style Thunderbird Lodge was Constructed in the 1930s. The property is made up of card house, three cottages, an elephant home, a boathouse, three garages, a lighthouse and a gatehouse. Definitely check it out when you’re in the region.
- Cal-Neva Lodge: Built in the 1920s and located in Crystal Bay, Cal-Neva Lodge initially served as the guesthouse for Robert P. Sherman’s estate.
- The Watson Cabin: Located at Above Commons Beach, the Watson Cabin was built in 1908 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Gatekeeper’s Cabin: Located in Tahoe City, the Gatekeeper’s Cabin is a reconstructed cottage that houses many different historic artifacts, including Native American baskets and clothing.
- Vikingsholm Castle: Located in Emerald Bay State Park, Vikingsholm Castle was built as a summer home for Ben Holladay in 1863.
While these historical sites are preferred attractions for visitors, they are also among the many reasons why so many want living in the region. Now only are there incredible Lake Tahoe Incline Village houses, but there is also abundant history and unbelievable beauty so close by.
So whether you are one that will delight in the pure beauty and ample opportunities for outdoor recreation, or whether you are a history buff that’s excited about the historic sites, you’re going to be fulfilled in Lake Tahoe.
For those that enjoy nature and are outdoor enthusiasts, you’re love Lake Tahoe and Incline Village. From skiing to boating, abundant shopping and dining, and fabulous historical sites, Lake Tahoe and Incline Village truly has everything!