Ask ten people that they think is the best ski resort and you’ll probably get ten distinct answers; the most important reason for this is that everybody looks for different items in any vacation, this is particularly true of ski vacations.
The very first time I ever went skiing it had been the most amazing experience, even though I didn’t know how to skit or even have any gear other than a good warm winter coat and gloves, the entire memory is one which I will never ever forget.
My first skiing holiday was in Bulgaria, this type of location largely interested me since it was quite affordable, and clearly not actually knowing if I would like it or not that had to be a variable. However the hotel was just amazing and backed up onto an entire set of amazing and incredibly scenic slopes it just looked like something right off a postcard.
The skiing lifts were in complete operation and also there were many people enjoying the slopes, some were skiing, some were snowboarding and a few of the folks were just eating at the snowpak restaurants and seeing everybody else enjoy themselves.
A brief way from the hotel was the primary kiosk and large changing rooms in which you could go and receive your ski hire and naturally pay for the ski lifts. The costs of ski and associated equipment hire was quite reasonable, following the ski hire people were on the slopes within 30 minutes and all very enthusiastic about what was to come.
The team I was with had paid for the training class which typically takes approximately five days, the ski instructors in Bulgaria were excellent and very experienced. 1 thing that sticks in my head is how protective the instructors were of those people they had been teaching, never letting anybody over stretch themselves and always being on hand to help when things seemed to be going wrong.
You can pay for a training class there and then in the kiosk as numerous freelance ski instructors were on hand, but yet again costs were reduced by paying in advance. There of course several different places that are excellent for ski but Bulgaria will always be a very fond memory for me, and I must state the prices were very reasonable.
So if you’re searching for a first time skiing experience that offers great value and fantastically priced instruction you could do much worse than taking a visit to amazing Bulgaria.
My best ski spots are:
1. Bulgaria – Bansko was my favourite location, fantastic slopes, excellent restaurants and the ski lifts function well. Also excellent instruction from world class instructors.
4. Reasonably priced hotels and fine restaurants.
5. AX Les Thermes high up in the Pyrenees, features great slopes with fantastic heights of snow and snow cannons.
6. Alagna Valsesia – Italy, sports one of the and highest ski lifts, more for its advanced skiers with good off piste ski places.
7. Le Grand Puy – France, includes 1300 – 1800 metres high altitude slopes, this hotels operates excellent slopes with different level for beginners right through to expert skiers.
8. Zambla – Italy, this hotel features great facilities for snow boarding as well as skiing, exceptional restaurants and quite decent hotel facilities.
9. Mont Tremblant – Canada (Quebec) – Very near Montreal and among the earliest ski resorts in North America, beautiful panoramic views, good hotels reasonably priced and a great all round ski resort.