Upvc fascias and soffits are low maintenance unlike timber boards that normally require painting or varnishing just about every few years at a cost. Replacement fascias and soffits can certainly improve the overall appearance of a property and add protection against birds. Upvc boards are normally guaranteed against discolouring, cracking and warping and profile guarantees can range from around 10-20 several years.
Getting out a few roofing companies to quote on swapping any rotten fascia, soffits, guttering and down pipe joints gives the customer the chance to compare quotes and ask any issues they may have.
It’s quite common for people to receive upto 3 prices to compare the different prices and the work on offer. The price of a new clad over may be more appealing than the price of replacement fascias and soffits, however time may prove that covering in the wood was nothing more than false economy.
The work involved if receiving a full replacement roofline normally includes:
- Full treatment and disposal of any old fascias and soffits.
- Substitution fascias, soffits, guttering and downpipes (any asbestos could incur an additional charge. )
- Rotten felt ends reducing and replaced (where necessary. )
- Ventilation system fitted (over fascia or soffit ventilation. )
- Bird officers (if possible) offering protection against birds, bats and squirrels.
- A clad over would only hide almost any existing problems.
The cost of replacement fascias and soffits is mostly worked out per metre. Various colours including; white, treatment, rosewood, black, black ash and honey oak can be purchased normally at an additional cost to white. An extra impose is expected if any traditional scaffolding in instructed to install any fascias and soffits to those hard to arrive at areas over conservatories and extensions etc .
Pay with completion! Paying when the job is done gives a customer comfort knowing that they have the chance to check that the job has been done seeing that agreed and to a decent standard.